- Port over the decade old content from my Teaching Librarian website into a new Drupal version.
- Finish editing of an article about McCarthyism and the central library of the New York Public Library. I’m hoping the journal editors will let me post a pre-peer reviewed draft online.
- Rework my syllabus for the LIB 1015 class that I taught for the first time this spring. Since my fall class will be part of the college’s learning communities program, my students (all first year students) will also be in a philosophy class (an intro to ethics course). The philosophy professor and I are looking for points of alignment between our courses.
Projects for My Co-workers and Me
- Expand my library’s collection of LibGuides.
- Work on ways to improve the answering percentage among the six CUNY libraries that share a group subscription to QuestionPoint (answering percentage is ratio that compares the number of questions your library puts into the cooperative service to the number of questions your library answers).
- Revise an old plagiarism tutorial.
- Write a proposal for a text message reference service.
- Rething the process of taking in requests for research consultations and for delegating them to librarians.
- Do usability testing of the union catalog shared by CUNY libraries.